Our Pick-to-Light system uses the ultimate standard – a simple web URL (QueryString API). A REST API is also available.
The Pick-to-Light devices easily integrate with your existing ERP or WMS. A simple URL request, sent to our server on the Amazon Cloud, causes the associated device to light up in one of six colors with up to five lines of custom text.
For example, the device can display the picker’s name, SKU and quantity to pick, or it could indicate into which bin the picked inventory should be placed.
Devices also support QR Codes, barcodes and icons. You can even generate a custom barcode to be scanned to acknowledge each pick.
Here are some ideas:
- Light up the device with the picker’s name, quantity, and SKU to pick.
- Assign colors to pickers, so that each picker knows what color button to look for.
- Indicate the bin or tote where a picked item should be placed.
- Display special handling or packing instructions.
- Indicate who has been assigned to this pick-cart or forklift.
- Indicate what area of the warehouse a picker with a cart should begin picking.
- Indicate that all items for an order have been sorted, and the order is ready for packaging.
It’s so easy that you can even use Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets to generate URL’s and light up the devices! We’ve already built some examples for you to use as a starting point.